Good morning from frigid South Paris, Maine. As I posted in an Instagram story, this morning it’s so cold that even in my office I’m wearing a down jacket. Like every January in Maine we’ve had a lovely mix of frigid days and snowy days. I like the winter, but these frigid days just make me appreciate summer days even more. Speaking of summer, this week I opened the registration for the 2019 Practical Ed Tech Summer Camp.
As I do at the end of every month, I have put together a list of the ten most popular posts of the month. This month’s list includes a couple of cool image editing tools, some updates to G Suite for Education products, and a library of educational videos.
These were the most popular posts in January, 2019:
1. Boclips – Millions of Ad-free Educational Videos
2. The WWII Museum Announces D-Day Electronic Field Trip
3. Remove Image Backgrounds With PhotoScissors
4. Doodle 4 Google 2019
5. Free PDF Containing 30 Pages of Illustrated Vocabulary Lessons
6. A New Look is Coming to Google Slides, Sheets, Docs, and Sites
7. How to Create a Self-grading Quiz from Google Classroom
8. Picture Yourself in Front of Any Landmark With Remove.BG and Google Slides
9. Students Can Create Their Own Tours to Share in Google Expeditions
10. How to Use Canva to Create a Timeline
Now Booking Summer Workshops!
I know that June can feel a long way away in the middle of January, but I’m already booking my summer workshop calendar. If you’d like to have me come to your school this spring (I have two May openings) or summer, please take a look at my speaking page and fill out the short form at the bottom of it.
And speaking of summer, the Practical Ed Tech Summer Camp is happening on July 15th and 16th. I’ve secured