Harris Healthcare acquires clinical communication and collaboration software company Uniphy Health for an undisclosed sum.
Uniphy Health merged with PracticeUnite in 2016.
May 21 (Tuesday) 2:00 ET. “Cloud-Based Data Management: Solving Healthcare’s Provider Data Challenge.” Sponsor: Information Builders. Presenters: Jeremy Kahle, manager of planning and business development, St. Luke’s University Health Network; Shawn Sutherland, patient and member outcomes, Information Builders; Bill Kotraba, VP of healthcare solutions and strategies, Information Builders. Inaccurate provider data negatively impacts revenue cycle, care coordination, customer experience, and keeping information synchronized across systems and functions. SLUHN will describe how it created a single version of provider data from 17 sources, followed by a demonstration of how that data can be used in reports and geospatial analysis. Learn how Omni-HealthData Provider Master Edition provides rapid ROI in overcoming healthcare organization provider data issues.
Acquisitions, Funding, Business, and Stock
The private equity arm of Audax Group acquires The Chartis Group, a Chicago-based health IT advisory firm, from RLH Equity Partners.
TransformativeMed will use a Series A funding round of $6 million to expand sales and marketing efforts for its Cores clinical workflow apps for Cerner Mpages.
Home health testing company LetsGetChecked raises $30 million in a Series B round led by LTP. The New York City-based company has raised $42 million since launching five years ago. It also offers a companion app to help consumers track and analyze their health, lab, and wearables data.
Novant Health (NC) launches a digital health and engagement division to enhance its ability to virtually connect with patients from anywhere at any time. SVP and Chief Digital Health and Engagement Officer Hank Capps, MD and Senior Director of Digital Health and Engagement Stephanie Landry will head up the new division.
Capsule Technologies names Hemant Goel (Spok) CEO.
Howard Wilson, MD (Castlight Health) joins Zynx Health as SVP of customer success.
Medhost promotes CFO Ken Misch to the additional role of president.
- The Connecticut Dept. of Social Services selects analytics software from HBI Solutions.
- Quorom Health will implement RCM technology and services from R1 RCM across 26 hospitals.
- St. Joseph’s/Candler (GA) selects wayfinding technology from Connexient.
Announcements and Implementations
Hardin Memorial Health (KY) becomes the first hospital to go live on IBM Watson Imaging Patient Synopsis, which provides radiologists with a summary of relevant patient data from a variety of contextual sources.
Appalachian Regional Healthcare implements tele-ICU capabilities from Advanced ICU Care at its 12 hospitals in Kentucky and West Virginia.
A new KLAS report on global EHR market share finds that:
- Epic added more beds in 2018 (11,666) than any other vendor, most of them coming from its regional wins in Singapore, but otherwise Epic signed fewer than its average number of new contracts at just four.
- Cerner signed two counties in Sweden as its first Millennium deployment in the Nordics, but otherwise sold no Millennium deals outside of Europe.
- Agfa Healthcare, Dedalus, and InterSystems won eight or more decisions each.
- Latin America saw a large number of EHR purchases, with MV leading all vendors.
- Few deals were signed in the Middle East and Africa, with Health Insights winning two deals and InterSystems one.
- InterSystems signed three hospitals in China.
- No new contracts were signed by hospitals in Canada, although four legacy Meditech customers contracted for an upgrade to Expanse.
The American Medical Association’s annual physician practice survey finds that for the first time, employed physicians outnumber those who have ownership in their practices. Physicians are shifting to larger practices (mostly in abandoning solo ones) and more are working for hospitals.
Cedars-Sinai (CA) equips its post-op patients with Fitbits to encourage them to walk 1,000 steps around the hospital per day after a study led by Timothy Daskivich, MD found an increased step count led to a reduction in length of stay. The hospital has also created an app that ties step counts in to tours of artwork found throughout the hospital.
- Hyland team members spend time helping out at St. Mary’s Food Bank as part of the company’s Volunteer Time Off program.
- Access announces that its EForms user interface now integrates with Meditech Expanse.
- Elsevier Clinical Solutions will exhibit at the American Association of Immunologists conference May 9-13 in San Diego.
- EClinicalWorks will exhibit at ASCA 2019 May 15-17 in Nashville.
- HGP publishes its “Health IT April Insights.”
- Ambient Clinical Analytics and Iatric Systems partner to deliver point-of-care FDA Class II-cleared solutions to health systems utilizing Meditech EHRs.
- Imprivata and InterSystems will exhibit at the Healthcare Providers Transformation Assembly Millenium Event May 14-15 in Nashville.
- OnPartners profiles Information Builders CEO Frank Vella.
- Intelligent Medical Objects will exhibit at the Netsmart Connections 2019 User Group Meeting May 12-15 in Washington, DC.
- Halifax Health (FL) expands its use of Access e-forms management to include Meditech-integrated and tablet-enabled informed consent solutions in its Cardiac Catheterization Lab and Anesthesiology Department.
- DrFirst will work with enterprise pharmacy system vendor PDX to offer pharmacies technology that will help them increase the fill rate of new prescriptions.
- OptimizeRx will present at the Oppenheimer Emerging Growth Conference May 14 in New York City.
- FDB unveils new global branding.
- FHIR Standards Continue to Shape Health IT’s Interoperability Progression (Ensocare)
- Putting the Patient in Charge (Formativ Health)
- Happy Nurses Week – to ALL of Us (FormFast)
- The Importance of MVP Scope for Integration (The HCI Group)
- Four Medicare Advantage Trends to Watch (Healthwise)
- Physician Burnout and an Argument for Ongoing Training (Optimum Healthcare IT)